Plugins Broken in 6.82.1

docpad
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f8068810138>

#1

Updated to 6.82.1 (working again on windows, thanks guys).

Core works, and the serve plugin works. I am having a lot of trouble getting other plugins to install or initialize. I assume the issue is further reaching than these, but for far I tried the following:
paged, stylus, eco, pug, hogan, handlebars, partials, and ejs

During install or run I will get the following (or similar)

warning: Error: Plugin failed to instantiate: D:\Apps\dscom6\node_modules\docpad-plugin-pug
    at DocPad.loadPlugin (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3384:21)
    at Task.<anonymous> (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3306:25)
    at ambi (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\ambi\source\index.js:74:3)
    at Domain.fireMethod (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:522:5)
    at Domain.run (domain.js:343:14)
    at Task.fire (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:540:15)
    at Immediate.queue [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:575:20)
    at runCallback (timers.js:693:18)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:664:5)
    at processImmediate (timers.js:646:5)
↳ Error: Plugin [D:\Apps\dscom6\node_modules\docpad-plugin-pug] failed to instantiate.
    at PluginLoader.create (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\@bevry\pluginloader\source\index.js:257:10)
    at DocPad.loadPlugin (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3381:51)
    at Task.<anonymous> (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3306:25)
    at ambi (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\ambi\source\index.js:74:3)
    at Domain.fireMethod (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:522:5)
    at Domain.run (domain.js:343:14)
    at Task.fire (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:540:15)
    at Immediate.queue [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:575:20)
    at runCallback (timers.js:693:18)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:664:5)
↳ TypeError: Class extends value #<Object> is not a constructor or null
    at module.exports.<anonymous> (D:\Apps\dscom6\node_modules\docpad-plugin-pug\esnext\pug.plugin.js:9:29)
    at new module.exports (D:\Apps\dscom6\node_modules\docpad-plugin-pug\esnext\pug.plugin.js:111:6)
    at PluginLoader.create (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\@bevry\pluginloader\source\index.js:246:19)
    at DocPad.loadPlugin (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3381:51)
    at Task.<anonymous> (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\edition-esnext\lib\docpad.js:3306:25)
    at ambi (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\ambi\source\index.js:74:3)
    at Domain.fireMethod (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:522:5)
    at Domain.run (domain.js:343:14)
    at Task.fire (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:540:15)
    at Immediate.queue [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\andre\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\docpad\node_modules\taskgroup\source\lib\task.js:575:20)
notice: Set the exit code from unset to 1 because of error from: The action [load ready] failed to complete!

There is another variation of that which cites the plugin name not matching (this happened with Consolidate, so I am excluding it from the list as I believe that plugin is legitimately failing validation).

Please note, this error was generated in my Windows 10 environment, but I also tried it in an OSX environment and got the same results.

Windows 10 - Node 10.9
OSX - Node 8.x


#2

Cheers, working on it. Issue seems to be a false negative from typechecker. New release going up in the next few minutes to try and resolve this.


#3

Ok new DocPad release published. Seems there is an issue with a few plugins that need upgrading. Will upgrade them over the coming days.


#4

Remaining issues seem to have resolved themselves. Note that plugin testing for the new conventions is still under construction, however that is a seperate issue, and will be resolved in the coming days.


#5

Thanks for this.