I’ve gotten feedback that the current forum categories are a bit much, I also consider them myself to still be inefficient.
Bevry currently operates 4 private wire groups:
- Philosophy (setup before this forum was created)
- Stakeholders (the leadership team of bevry)
- Wealth (our daily standups and personal development chat to facilitate #praxis)
- Canary Institute (a project that is still yet announced)
I want to see what can be done to migrate these discussions from private, to public here on the forum.
We won’t be able to do a complete migration, as wire is great for sensitive discussions which a lot of our philosophy members appreciate (due to the reasons stated in our #administration:meetings page).
To facilitate this, I have already:
- Deleted a few unused ones
- Updated the descriptions of remaining ones to be clearer about what discussions go where.
- Updated the visual display style of parent categories to better facilitate their particular subcategory content.
However, I’d also like to see discussions around:
- A place for status updates of our members to better facilitate our daily standups for members enacting what is discussed in #praxis. This can probably go under #praxis as
- A place for posting resources and guides, such as tutorials, etc. This can probably go under #praxis as
- A place for each member to keep a blog. Perhaps this can be accomplished by an API that looks for all posts by a member and a
#posttag. Rather than it being its own category.
Let me know your feedback and thoughts. As well as what privacy/notification settings you want for these discussions.