Revise the Forum Categories

I’ve gotten feedback that the current forum categories are a bit much, I also consider them myself to still be inefficient.

Bevry currently operates 4 private wire groups:

• Philosophy (setup before this forum was created)
  • Stakeholders (the leadership team of bevry)
  • Wealth (our daily standups and personal development chat to facilitate #praxis)
  • Canary Institute (a project that is still yet announced)

I want to see what can be done to migrate these discussions from private, to public here on the forum.

We won’t be able to do a complete migration, as wire is great for sensitive discussions which a lot of our philosophy members appreciate (due to the reasons stated in our #administration:meetings page).

To facilitate this, I have already:

• Renamed Suggestions to Feedback
  • Deleted a few unused ones
  • Updated the descriptions of remaining ones to be clearer about what discussions go where.
  • Updated the visual display style of parent categories to better facilitate their particular subcategory content.

However, I’d also like to see discussions around:

• A place for status updates of our members to better facilitate our daily standups for members enacting what is discussed in #praxis. This can probably go under #praxis as Standups.
  • A place for posting resources and guides, such as tutorials, etc. This can probably go under #praxis as Guides.
  • A place for each member to keep a blog. Perhaps this can be accomplished by an API that looks for all posts by a member and a #post tag. Rather than it being its own category.

Let me know your feedback and thoughts. As well as what privacy/notification settings you want for these discussions.

This is now done with the changes today:

• All the missing meeting topics and study topics for the #meaning-crisis series have now been created, with all @PleasureOfDoubt notes imported.

• @JohnBuck has gone through and made the timestamps on our JBP lecture notes automatically hyperlinked.

• I’ve created the new #study category (note that the referenced study.bevry.me is still to be launched - @JohnBuck intro’d it briefly when I popped in during our last meeting session).

• Set topic templates for the #study categories and the #meetings category. Note that only hosts can post in them.

• Feedback and Bevry Engineering have been merged into the #build category.

• Project categories have been deleted as their content was moved to https://bevry.me/projects

• Merged Philosophy and Praxis categories into the #discuss category.